cool chick

Friday, June 09, 2006

Well, Blogging. Why dint I think of this before? I know, dint have much to write. I think I have something to write about now, and hence this post.

I was going through a friend's profile on Orkut, came across a link. There was a video of this amazing American dude doing a spoof on Bollywood. He was dancing to the tune of Pyar kiya to nibhana... Brilliant maaan. And there were some 100 indo-pakis bad mouthing him and his cheek to dare such a thing. I was pissed, come on, who wouldnt be if people act as if they dont have any humor sense?

I then visited paagalguy.com and read this article on what NOT to do for an interview. It was hilarious and well written. Full credit to the person who wrote it. Again, there were blokes asking whether it 'benefitted' anyone!!!

Whats wrong with Indian men (and women)? Have you killed your sense of humor with CAT? Or have you sold your brains to Sharukh?

If you cant laugh at yourself, its not worth living people. Its a short life. My friend published this blog on why Indian men are desperate to get a decent girl. My answer is 'You have nooooo humor sense, work on it please'. Go ahead, lets start with Malayala Manorama weekly. I hope they still have a PJ page which Srinivasan (a great Malayalam screenplay writer, rather poor actor) utilises in 'Thalayanamanthram' (or was it 'vadakkunokkiyanthram'?). Reader's Digest certainly has humor pages. Go online. Do something serious.

Now, if you intend to copy-paste this blog and correct my grammar/spelling/syntax/whatever, I tell you, you are hopeless. Contact Chucky (refer my Orkut profile) for IMMEDIATE surgery.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger AJ said…

    aww cmon it has nothing to with indian guys .... its a worlwide phenomenon...u dont even want to make me start talkin about the sense of humor of an arab.

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopalakrishnan said…

    Well written, Gitu...

    But it's not like we don't have a sense of humour or anything. Indians are among the funniest people I know. Especially Mallus (I know thery have their fallacies, and my blog has enough to testify that) and their language (Malayalam HAS to be the funniest language in the world, surely!) has me in splits!

    Are you alluding to the fact that maybe Indians are a little too serious about their lives? That they prefer to slog over their JEE and CAT prep material rather than watch SitCom?

    If so... Lemme tell you, the so called 'bastions' of humour are not exactly getting anywhere. America is surely on the decline, and the intellectual jobs are increasingly coming our way.

    But that does not mean we sacrifice the chance to have a laugh. Without humour, you're not going to get anywhere. Or atleast, you're gonna be a very boring person! Sure, seriousness and all is good, but only to an extent...

    How's the scene in Belfast like?
    And remember... having a good sense of humour is different from having a lackadaisical attitude towards your career and life. That would be one thing I find in Mallus. I don't know about other parts of India, though :D

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger cafm said…

    Hi There.....this is really funny comming from a indian....what you should understand is that exceptions are not examples...yes there are ppl who dont know to laugh @ themselves....but to base your opinion on the whole indians on some 1 or 2 comments from a god forsaken blog....thats not right now is it?my guess is its probably the same person with different id's that wrote the abuse....


    havent you been in india? we have a blast of a time here...and like chuck said we handle the serious part of life pretty well too....

    and dont tell me other cultures are tolerant....u live in belfast rt? you should know about the intolerance of foriegn cultures....
    but i dont blame the whole country based on that now do i?

    :P
    regards
    cafm
    olympusmons.blogsome.com

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Majush said…

    quite interesting blog.. cant believe its out of a virgo gal... i will recomment catching comedian Russell peters on tv or dvd someday... best guyh in my knowledge who can pull the gas out of indians...

    pls dont say anything abt arabs too.. Indians, arabs and chinese frm mainland china are worse than most african tribal people.. ofcourse exceptions are not an example...but am talkin abt the general public who contributes to 99% of population.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger singon said…

    TRUE!! Thats y we have American Sitcoms!! It ainthelping much though.. If MY success is nything to go by!!! Damn lewd jokes!!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Raindrop said…

    i happen to be CD and like ur style. Write to me at rajeevrain@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home