cool chick

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Penury

Till date I kept this blog a la Gili... which I would describe as funny, sarcastic, light reading material. I do not want to alter my style, but this piece is an attempt to critically analyse my financial situation. My bank balance this moment is £ 3. I dont get paid till 22nd of December. I am trying to get my visa extended, and silly me, I forgot about the holidays. Honestly, I dont know if I will reach home in January. I thought Penury was a word which shouldnt be used in ordinary conversation (well, there are a list of such words, I call it the Tosh list). But I cant think of any other good words... any suggestions friend?? Let me try and define my biggest problem now. A bill. For £300. No, correction. A shame. Having asked daddy for the money.

That, inspite of wearing my contacts the wrong way (and hence being blind in one eye and having a headache on the other side) , inspite of being hungry the whole day, inspite of having to work tonight till tomorrow morning, is killing me. (What Tosh. This is really not what I wanted to write. And I understand that the style is horrible.) Its just a nagging reminder that I have to find a proper job. They are not very easy to come by, especially if you are a person who dreams about the creative director coming down to kiss you awake some day (And make you his copywriting princess and let you work happily ever after.) I listen around on my way to the bank to get an overdraft. I hear the same story... Hopefully the money will be there on time. So....

If you are a creative director, I will email you my address... kiss me awake some day.
If you are a stranger, I am not a pathetic person, although this blog is pathetic.
And if you are a friend, I am dying to be back, but I dont know when...

Hopefully the money will be there on time.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would suggest you to come back to India( thats only if you dont have suffiecient funds to be alive abroad). i am sure with the talent you have you can have a decent living in any of the metros in India. i am also going to fall on some feet very soon to build my career in film making( just to clarify that i am noooo way big shot)

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there.

    I know how difficult it is for you to swallow your pride and ask for money, but sometimes it's the only way out. Most parents (being one myself) will come thru for their kids. That said, having some of the same notions u do, I know how difficult it is.

    You are 22 years old, all alone in a foreign country. So you have nothing to be ashamed of.

    Just try to stay out of debt this month (cos that will make things worse)and don't let a temporary setback railroad your plans. Don't compromise because of one hiccup. 'this too shall pass', remember.

    One day, you'll be that cd handing out the kisses to the copywriting princes and princesses. I really do believe that.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger aswin said…

    the first anonymous was me.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Bungz said…

    You are funny. I have a friend who writes funny too. And her name is Gitanjali (but calls herself Anju). Let me know if you want to read her blog. Can give you the link.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger cafm said…

    remember one thing "this too will pass..."

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger g said…

    Hello Gitanjali! My name is also Gitanjali, by the way...found your blog via my husband's searching for my own blog. Anyhow, good luck with all of the financial stuff - ! - G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home